Thursday, February 04, 2016
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
159 Education Building
1000 Bascom Mall
How does implicit bias inform decisions from the personal to the institutional? This panel will address the underpinnings of implicit bias in postsecondary education and introduce both policy and practical attempts to address it.
- Angela Byars-Winston, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, UW-Madison
- Belinda Gutierrez, Advanced Women's Health Fellow, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Steve Quintana, Professor, Department of Counseling Psychology, UW-Madison
- Jen Schoepke, Director of Strategic Diversity Planning, Research, and Communication, L&S Center for Academic Excellence, UW-Madison
- Jenn Sheridan, Executive and Research Director, Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute (WISELI), UW-Madison
This event is part of the Furthering College Access and Opportunity spring speaker series, hosted by the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE) and cosponsored by the Center for Academic Excellence, the Wisconsin Collaborative Education Research Network, and the Wisconsin HOPE Lab.
Watch this discussion on the WISCAPE YouTube channel.